Snapchat is a social media platform that is widely popular with teens and 20-somethings. It’s been around for about five years now after it was created by Reggie Brown, Bobby Murphy, and Evan Spiegel. Here are over 300 million people using the site each month, with more than 100 million of them accessing their accounts every day. This is not one of the sites that I have used before so I thought it’d be fun to learn a bit about the site to see what the fuss is about. I am more of an Instagrammer. I like the site because I can buy followers and likes and really reach my targeted audience as a business professional. I wanted to share the information that I learned about Snapchat with you in case you don’t know either. We all have the right Snapchat information now!
- Snapchat wasn’t successful at first try. In fact, it took a few dozens tries to get the platform up and running and off the ground. The three men were in their final project at Stanford University when they decided to make Snapchat. This is just proof that persistence pays off!
- The site was first called Picaboo. When Snapchat first came out, this was the name that it had. Furthermore, only iOS users could as the site. It was in 2012 that the site was renamed and relaunched and the success began.
- Speaking of Instagram, the two sites seem to have a lot in common. Insta borrows ideas from the site regularly and implements their own quirks to make them unique. The Instagram Stories was an idea that the creators adopted from Snapchat stories.
- More than one billion shapes are shared on this site every single day. That’s a lot of virtual sapping going on, don’t you agree?
- Over 400 million Snapchat Stories are shared by users every day.
- Facebook owns Instagram, as you probably know already. They bought the site a couple of years after it was founded. The company tried to purchase Snapchat as well but were not so successful with that purchase. Facebook offered to pay $3 billion for the site.
- Approximately 18% of the world’s population uses Snapchat at least on occasion. About 29% of millennials use the social media platform.
- Snapchat revenue was just over $449 million in 2017.
Now that you have this information, aren’t you eager to go check out Snapchat and see what it is all about? The site has all the qualities that make it a worthwhile venture and I’d say that it is worth joining, too. I haven’t yet made my way there, but I intend to do so very soon. I am a busy man and just haven’t yet had the time. I guess if I would close out of Instagram that would give me more time. I encourage you to go ahead and check it out to see what all the fuss is about. It could very well be the newest social media platform that wins over your heart.